Features & Benefits
- How long does it take users to complete a task? Reports the best average task time based on your data and adjusts for non-normal task time data.
- Confidence Intervals: Compute accurate confidence intervals to show you the likely range of the true average task time from any size sample of users.
- Are users taking too long? Test whether your data exceeds a benchmark or goal (1-Sample t-test), for example, would all users be able to complete a task in less than 60 seconds?
- Graph of the average task time and confidence intervals.
- Corrects Non-Normal Task Time Data: Time on task data is positively skewed making it incompatible with many statistical tests. The calculator automatically corrects for the skewed data and generate accurate results.
Who Should BuyProfessionals who want an easy way to find the best average task time, compare it to a benchmark and generate accurate confidence intervals around data. If you can use excel, you can use the Task Time Calculator.
Select Sample Screen Shots
Average Task Time Calculator Page
Find the best average task time, generate confidence intervals around your average and determine whether your sample data provides evidence that the average time is less than a benchmark.
Graph and Statistical Tests
A graph with the confidence intervals around your time (adjusted for non-normal data) is automatically updated. When comparing your sample data to a benchmark, a 1-sample t-test provides the appropriate p-values and the power of your test.
Reporting the Results
Results are provided in simple language to understand and communicate.
The best Average Task Time
The calculator will find the best average task time based on your sample data. For small samples (n <25) the geometric mean is used as the best estimate of the middle value. Otherwise, the median is used.
- 1-Sample t-test
- t-Confidence Intervals
- Logarithmic transformations
What Customers are Saying:
The calculator is quite well done! In addition to using it myself, I use it to teach statistics to graduate students in HCI. It's just much easier for students to learn than having to deal with the complexity of SPSS.
Managing Partner, User-Centric
The calculator make it easy to see statistical significance for both large and small sample sizes.
PhillyCHI Local chapter of ACM SIG-CHI